Friday, June 13, 2014

IF ONLY


I read a book the other day.  A really great book.   It threw me for a loop though.   It was the book I wanted to write.   It was the book I wish I'd written.   It was the "If only . . ." book for me.

Maybe you've seen that too.   If you're not a writer-type, it would be a thing you wish you'd invented; a movie that went viral and you KNOW you could have done it. A business venture that someone started and it should have been yours.  In fact, you're sure you could have done one that was better.   If only . . . 

But now . . .   it's been done.    Sigh.  So we pad off to the tv, social media, the nearest chair and a book.

Today, God said, "I didn't give you HIS gifts, I gave you YOURS."

So today, it's back to the keyboard pounding out the book that really wants to stay hidden.   

The "If only" excuse is just another excuse.


What's brewing in your heart?   Time to get to work!!



No comments:

Post a Comment